Can you communicate complex investment ideas in a dynamic fashion to a range of different audiences? Do you have good knowledge of asset management and outstanding writing and editing skills? If the answer to these questions is yes, the role of investment writer at Robeco might just be your next career move.
Clearly communicating Robeco's views and expertise is the main focus of the investment writer. Their articles, interviews and other content are a crucial source of information for clients, potential clients and other stakeholders. The investment writer helps to strengthen Robeco’s position as a thought leader on a number of key investment topics (sustainability, quant, emerging markets, trends and credits) in the major markets we operate in worldwide.
As an investment writer, you create investment-related content. This plays an important role in enhancing Robeco’s profile among professional investors around the globe. These texts are used by Robeco's sales force, our websites for professional investors and other media. Often, you do this from scratch or based on a briefing and your own knowledge on the subject. You have a good sense of timing and can feel when the time is right to cover certain topics. You are good at managing stakeholders interests, working closely together with a broad group of people: including portfolio managers, investment specialists, sales and marketing professionals, and senior management. Our investment writers each have a specific focus area (sustainability, quants, fixed income, equity) but work together as and when required. Your primary, but not sole, focus will be on writing about our quantitative research and products/strategies (mainly equity, but also credits). In this role you will work closely together with researchers, CPMs and portfolio managers of quantitative products.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work well with a range of internal clients and prioritize when necessary.
- You can put yourself in clients’ shoes: Where do their priorities lie? What do they want to know?
- You have a native or near-native command of English and are highly proficient in writing. A good command of Dutch is an advantage.
- Your texts appeal to readers and you can convey the essence of your message in as few words as possible.
- You have a close affinity with and good understanding of asset management and investment products.
- You have a critical, analytical mind and inquiring attitude and have a high level of professional and intellectual ability.
- You have at least four years of relevant work experience, preferably with a background in economics or financial journalism.
- You are able to perform well under pressure.
- You have authority and are not afraid to challenge specialists when necessary.
The investment writers work in the Investment Writing & Translations team of the Global Marketing department. This team, which has eight members, is Robeco's center of expertise for content: writing, translating and editing. The team plays a crucial role in creating and improving content in order to reaffirm Robeco's leading position in its strategic focus areas.