Working as a Tender & Concepts Engineer at Huisman means that you are a contributer to our success in producing winning designs!
Get to work!
As a Tender & Concepts Engineer, you have completed your studies and cannot wait to get working in one of our tender teams. You are bursting with creativity and energy, and you are eager to apply your skills to devise and form innovative concepts across the varied markets, which Huisman operates in.
Constant dialogue with our client and network, discovering what they really require from a project and product, out-of-the-box thinking and performing better under pressure are the skills and experiences that we have to offer you during your traineeship!
The Tender and Concepts department is responsible for developing and designing innovative technology and products for tenders or product development. The projects are characterized by a multidisciplinary approach within a relatively short duration which results in a dynamic design environment. This is only possible with creative, skilled and all-round engineers working in small cooperative teams together with the client or project owner. Newly developed technologies are verified by modelling, scale testing in cooperation with our Research and Development team. The work focuses not only on technical aspects but spans the entirety of the project as a whole to include project planning, installation and test programming.
What do we have to offer you?
You will become part of a dynamic and professional organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. The multidisciplinary aspect, working in a team, the interaction with the customer and the short duration of projects offer an ideal starting point for a career continuation based on technical skills and project overview. Typical career paths follow on to functions such as Technical Project Manager, Project Manager or Sales Manager. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
As Tender & Concepts Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Discussing the client’s functional requirements in detail and translating them into an appropriate value proposition with corresponding concept designs and specifications;
- Creating winning innovative designs;
- Paying close attention and having an oversight of costings to insure designs stay with the client’s budget.
- Drawing up the tender documents in close collaboration with the Legal, Project Management and Supply Chain departments;
- Visiting clients together with senior tender and concepts engineers and regional sales managers.
As Tender & Concepts Engineer you have:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Design or Aerospace Engineering;
- Experience with 2D and 3D drawing software but a pro not a must;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize;
- EU passport / valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- Practical disposition and a good command of the English language orally and in writing.
And as Tender & Concepts Engineer you are:
- Resident in the Netherlands for at least two years:
- Flexible and creative;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Proactive and persuasive;
- Practical, accurate and punctual.